Archbishop Dedicates Christ The King Green Space
Published: December 9, 2010
ATLANTA—On Sunday, Nov. 21, Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory celebrated noon Mass at the Cathedral of Christ the King. Immediately following Mass, the archbishop led a procession of more than one hundred parishioners down Peachtree Way to the new Green Space and Meditation Area for a dedication ceremony of the newly enlarged Cathedral campus. This new space includes a large playing field, as well as a thoughtful meditation garden that includes both a statue of the Blessed Mother and St. Bernadette.
Founded in 1937, the Cathedral of Christ the King and Christ the King School have worked together to serve the community and Archdiocese of Atlanta. All parishioners and neighbors were invited to attend this special occasion.
Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory blesses the rock-walled meditation area where there are statues of Our Lady of Lourdes and of St. Bernadette. (Photos courtesy of the Cathedral of Christ the King)
A dedication stone records the completion of the new green space and meditation garden at the Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta. Christ the King School and the parish will use the area.